Whether you’re home is invaded by an army of little goblins or the grown ups want to have some fun, these are the tastiest creepy crawlies we know! The recipe from Applegate makes 32 spooky treats.
- 1 package of your favorite Applegate Hot Dogs
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent dough, preferably Annie’s brand
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise (each hot dog will make 4 treats). Keeping the middle intact, use the tip of a knife to make 3 slices at either end of each hot dog piece (this will make 4 legs on either side).
- Once all the hot dogs are cut, cut the dough into strips, about 1 inch wide and 2 inches long (you may not use all of the dough). Wrap a piece of dough around the middle of each hot dog, pinching to seal the dough, and place, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press 2 sesame seeds into the middle of each “spider” to make eyes.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the hot dog “legs” are sizzling and twisted, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm with ketchup on the side.
For more than 25 years, Applegate has been producing high-quality natural and organic hot dogs, bacon, sausages, deli meats, cheese and frozen products. Natural can mean many things, but when Applegate says their products are natural, consumers are guaranteed that they are free of GMO ingredients and the meat inside is:
- Raised without antibiotics or hormones
- From animals fed a vegetarian or 100% grass diet and treated with humane animal standards
- Free of added chemical nitrites, nitrates or phosphates
- Free of artificial ingredients or preservatives
Like Us On Facebook, or email us at BlackTieAndFlipFlops at Gmail.