Brent Ridge and Josh-Kilmer-Purcell, widely known for their best-selling books; the Beekman 1802 Mercantile shop; stars of the Planet Green and Cooking Channel’s Fabulous Beekman Boys reality TV series; and winners of the CBS reality series The Amazing Race launch Beekman 1802 Almanac today, a curated collection of seasonal recipes, gardening tips, shopping discoveries and quirky stories. Inspired by almanac publications from the 19th century, Beekman 1802 Almanac offers a modern take on these all-in-one resources, which once provided long-range weather forecasts, household tips and recipes. As told through the voices of favorite neighbors, Beekman 1802 Almanac offers fresh-from-the-farm inspiration and a glimpse into life on the Sharon Springs, NY farm that Brent and Josh have called home since 2008.
Published seasonally, the premiere issue of Beekman 1802 Almanac includes 55 farm-to-table recipes, holiday entertaining tips and easy ideas for cultivating a better life this season. More features inside this issue include:
- Dream Catchers – A profile of seven pioneers who decamped from big cities to open businesses in smaller, up-and-coming travel destinations.
- The Gift Guide – Browse 71 Made-in-America gift ideas, starting at just $5.
- A Seasoned Feast – Brent and Josh’s ultimate holiday meal is a mix of old and new recipes – from roast pork loin with cornbread stuffing to winter kabocha squash pie.
- Chocolate & Spice – Cayenne, cardamom and ginger add new dimension to chocolate cakes, pies, cookies and candies.
- Keep it Green – Designer Tricia Foley strips away the opulence and opts for a simple holiday décor palette of holly and pine.
- The Ice Harvest – Brent and Josh make ice the old-fashioned way: slicing it straight from a frozen pond.
ABOUT BEEKMAN MEDIA LLC
Beekman 1802 Almanac is the first venture from Beekman Media, a multi-platform content company spun-off from the highly successful Beekman 1802 lifestyle brand of products. Beekman 1802 founders, Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge, are authors of several best-selling books, stars of the Plane Green and Cooking Channel’s Fabulous Beekman Boys reality TV series, winners of the CBS reality series The Amazing Race, and frequent talk show guests.
Beekman Media will continue to promote Brent and Josh’s messages of how to “Cultivate a Better Life” to their growing customer/fan base with authentic and inspiring content delivered across all of their digital platforms, a magazine, future TV/video productions, books and events. Additionally, Beekman Media will seek out and develop new authors and talents across all of its media platforms.