As you “fall” back into your routines and school is back in session, the pace of your home life has likely become a bit more hectic. When it’s nearing the dinner hour and you’re crunched for time, avoid the temptation of a drive-thru window or microwavable meal. Instead, opt for savory and satiating dishes using fresh ingredients that will deliver delicious results in no time.
One simple way to spend less time cooking and more time catching up on the day’s events is to use an easy meal helper, such as Smithfield Seasoned Fresh Pork. Seasoned with a variety of fresh flavors like Peppercorn & Garlic, Teriyaki or Garlic & Herb, it’s the perfect base for any weeknight meal whether you’re grilling, roasting or sauteing.
Seasoned fresh pork can also be sliced into medallions or cubes for faster cooking, so you can have dinner on the table in as little as 10 minutes. Plus, it’s packed with protein and made from 100% fresh pork, so you can feel good about feeding it to your family and friends.
For a hassle-free weeknight meal, try a sweet and spicy kabob with Peppercorn Garlic Seasoned Pork Sirloin, crunchy bell peppers and juicy pineapple. Complete the meal with a serving of hot couscous and steamed broccoli.
- 1 Smithfield Peppercorn & Garlic Seasoned Pork Sirloin Roast, cut into 32 (1-inch) cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 16 (1-inch) pieces
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 16 (1-inch) cubes
- 16 (6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning blend or other spicy seasoning blend
- 1. Heat broiler with rack about 8 inches from heat source.
- 2. Thread 2 pieces of pork, 1 red pepper piece and 1 pineapple cube onto each skewer. Wrap exposed end of each skewer with foil to discourage scorching.
- 3. Mix honey, vinegar and jerk seasoning together for glaze.
- 4. Broil kabobs, turning occasionally, until pork is done, about 8 minutes. Generously brush kabobs with honey glaze during last 2 to 3 minutes.
For more family-friendly and time-saving recipes, visit www.Smithfield.com.