In celebration of their 10th anniversary, Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invite you to the grandest Jazz Age Lawn Party to date. Originating as a small gathering of friends longing for the simpler charms of a bygone era, the event has evolved into an international destination, one of the world’s most beloved and longest running events of its kind.
The vibrant optimism and inventiveness of Jazz Age culture and its living legacy continue to resonate with generation after generation, now more than ever. Governors Island becomes the backdrop for this cultural phenomenon for the tenth year this Summer.
This trip through time begins upon a breezy ferry boat with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Lady Liberty en route to NYC’s hidden gem, Governors Island. Once ashore, a sprawling green awaits, nestled under a canopy of century-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, surrounded by historic architecture – a dream where the clock stops, nestled right in the heart of New York Harbor.
Also making its return is that picnic-perfect potion – St-Germain artisanal French elderflower liqueur – their proud signature spirit. Golden Age elixirs, like the signature St-Germain Cocktail (made with St-Germain, sparkling wine, sparkling water and a lemon twist), will be served along with a variety of elegant daytime tipples. In addition, they are pleased to announce the return of legendary mixtress Julie Reiner (of Clover Club, Flatiron Lounge and Pegu Club fame) to lend her magic to the refreshing summer cocktail list.
Widely anticipated by flappers, sporting gents and tiny tots alike, the event has been revered year after year by The New York Times, The New Yorker, Vogue and countless media around the globe.
Some of the fabulous new features include: a second stage and dance floor, great new ticket package bargains, even shorter lines and fun filled raffles, along with other special surprises.
As always, a delightful array of offerings abound throughout the day, including:
• MICHAEL ARENELLA AND HIS DREAMLAND ORCHESTRA is the world’s premier Jazz Age dance orchestra, specializing in the Hot-Jazz of the 1920s. Conductor, composer, musician and crooner Michael Arenella presents a personally transcribed, one of a kind songbook for your listening and dancing pleasure
• THE DREAMLAND FOLLIES – an Art Deco spectacle evokes Ziegfield-esque grandeur
• RODDY CARAVELLA AND THE CANARSIE WOBBLERS – this fun-loving dance troupe conjures the rebellious and exuberant spirit of Roaring ‘20s youth
• GELBER & MANNING BAND – feuding vaudevillian lovebirds quarrel, coo and make beautiful music together
• QUEEN ESTHER – pays tribute to jazz royalty of yore
• PETER MINTUN – world’s greatest piano man
• THE MINSKY SISTERS – tap dance darlings delight with fancy footwork
• ANTIQUE GRAMOPHONES bring to life original recordings from the 1920s
• DANCE LESSONS teach you the hottest dance steps of the time
• VINTAGE PORTRAITS – You Ought To Be In Pictures, towering among the clouds in our brand-new Empire State Building I-Beam booth or perched upon one of our Paper Moons
• BATHING BEAUTIES AND BEAUS PROMENADE – pull that itchy wool number out of the mothballs and parade it for all to admire
• 1920s MOTORCAR EXHIBITION get up close and personal with flivvers and Tin Lizzies
• CHARLESTON DANCE CONTEST see who’s the Bee’s Knees in this lighthearted dance-off
• THE HIGH COURT OF PIE CONTEST categories include “Mom’s Best” “Best Savory”“Most Original” and “Hobo’s Choice” (For entry email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• KIDLAND carnival games and prizes for junior gents and flapperettes
• TWO EXPANSIVE, JUMBO-SIZED WOODEN DANCE FLOORS set up right on the lawn!
• TWO STAGES featuring the finest Jazz Age entertainment in the world all throughout the day
• ST-GERMAIN ARTISANAL FRENCH ELDERFLOWER LIQUEUR presents a variety of refreshingly delicious cocktails including the Signature St-Germain Cocktail and special new creations designed by renowned mixtress Julie Reiner. Each cocktail has been handcrafted to highlight the light and refreshing taste of St-Germain.
• MARTINI Sparkling Wines joins the lineup of superior cocktail offerings at this year’s Jazz Age Lawn Party. The iconic Italian winemaker will be showcasing a full menu of sparkling wines for refreshing enjoyment, including the new fully sparkling Prosecco, the aromatic Rosé and the naturally sweet Asti. Available by the bottle, by the glass or in charming mini bottles,MARTINI has a wine for every palate.
• ICE COLD BEER, old fashioned lemonade, soda, juices, water, iced coffee and tea to whet your whistle
• BRAND-NEW GOURMET FOOD MARKET featuring New York’s fanciest picnicking fare and gourmet food along with treats and snacks including ice cream, cotton candy, hot popped corn and more!
• VINTAGE CLOTHING VENDORS AND ARTISANS – a veritable village of timeless treasures and inspired creations to take home
• DREAMLAND GENERAL STORE – for your comfort and convenience offers picnic blankets, parasols, hand fans, assorted sundries & more
Also introducing “THE SHEIKH OF ARABY”:
Enjoy your own private Taj Mahal, right on the lawn. Perfect for groups and private parties.
Only 2 of these exclusive, private VIP tents are available. Up to 8 seated guests.
– An elegant, private 10X10′ tent
-Premium location directly adjoining dance floor, with exclusive private access to dance floor and optimal viewing of entertainment.
-Table and Bottle Service for food and drink all afternoon long. Food, drink, tax and gratuity are all-inclusive.
-Plush, luxury furnishings
-Photo-ops and interaction with talent and other VIP guests.
For enquiries, please email : DreamlandVIP @ gmail.com
For tickets visit the Jazz Age Lawn Party website.